Send me an email at jongorey at gmail if you'd like to work together.
Live MusicWant to take it up a notch at your next party or private event? I can perform hours of acoustic covers for your guests (I know more than 100 songs spanning six decades, from the Beatles to Tom Petty to Olivia Rodrigo to the Lumineers, but can learn specific requests) and provide any necessary sound equipment.
I know the ropes of live entertainment. I've performed at clubs and bars all over the world, but also at wedding rehearsals and birthday parties. And of course I've played hundreds of shows in and around Boston -- including many a Saint Patrick's Day and, for awhile, every other Saturday night in Southie... so rest assured, I can handle your drunk uncle!
Rates: $100 for the first hour, $75 per additional hour
WritingAs much as I'd love to make music for a living, I'm actually a professional writer and editor by trade. My work has appeared in the Boston Globe, Apartment Therapy, This Old House, MSN Money, and elsewhere - including my real estate and home improvement blog, House & Hammer.
I specialize in travel features, real estate and home improvement, and opinion essays, and I'm available for off-site freelance writing, ghost writing, or copy editing.
Rate: $50-$100/hr, $0.50-$1.00/word
- This winter, consider a cosmopolitan, culinary weekend in chilly Montreal (Boston Globe Magazine)
- The common fan's guide to Fenway Park (Boston Globe Magazine)
- One excellent tour up New England's brewery coast (Boston Globe Magazine)
- How student loan debt causes a chain reaction in the housing market (Boston Globe)
- It's always better to replace old windows... right? (Boston Globe)
- How to unload an unwanted timeshare without getting scammed (Boston Globe)
- The heartbreak of a first-time home buyer (Boston Globe)
- Getting a roommate, or paying Boston rents solo: Which scares you more? (Boston Globe Magazine)
- Is that renovation really worth it? (Boston Globe)
- Honestly, you don't need that gas lawn mower (Boston Globe Magazine)
- These U.S. cities are now the most expensive in the world for renters (Apartment Therapy)
- Why planning ahead is dead (Boston Globe Magazine)
- Four lessons from Pre-Cana that any couple could use (Boston Globe Magazine)
- 10 heartfelt holiday gifts for people who don't need more stuff (The Simple Dollar)
- Who needs a mall? Do your holiday shopping on vacation in Vermont (Boston Globe Magazine)
Hello Jon, I am interested in working with you and would like to speak with you about my business. I am interested in your writing. I am a Canadian living in Barbados- I will be in Boston most of July 2018 and have a real estate busienss. My email is Cliveloboca@gmail.com and I am also on linkedin. I look forward to hearing from you.ReplyDelete
I forgot to mention that I am a fan of George Michael.Delete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
Hi Jon, If you're available for writing some blog posts on renovating in Boston, please ping me at Tisha@Sweeten.com. Thank you.ReplyDelete
Hire Python Freelancer for Implementation Consulting & Outsourcing of Projects. Python freelancerReplyDelete
Court Marriage Pakistan Lawyers are experts in all family matters, including online court marriage, foreign court marriages, and we additionally give legitimate consultancy and complete lawful insurance to the couples who need to wed each other with their choice and furthermore to recently married couples, who need to partake in their free lives according to lawful privileges gave to them by the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.ReplyDelete
You bear through an astonishing opening. I mental plentifulness truly quarry it other than really embrace to my buddys. I'm held they request be benefitted by this scene. rent a little personReplyDelete